Features - Metaio Creator
Metaio Creator offers a unique set of features along the entire creation workflow.
Features for AR creation:
- Graphical User Interface including drag & drop for easy scenario creation.
- Content import for 2D, 3D, video and audio files including an automated file optimization, manual quality settings for in-page video and 3D model animation preview.
- Basic animation authoring for content resources.
- Improvement of 3D content/3D models by adding shadows and self-shadowing/ambient occlusion (.fbx models only).
- Tracking of 2D and 3D (3D map and CAD model based) trackables including an automatic quality estimation.
- ID Marker Tracking, featuring a tool to accurately print the ID Markers.
- Support for using Metaio’s Continuous Visual Search technology for using a large amount of trackables.
- Edge creation pipeline for creating optimal Edge Models through live parameter optimizations for 3D Markerless Tracking based on CAD data.
- Editing of 3D maps from Metaio Toolbox.
- Support for SLAM (from Creator 3.3 on) and 2D Instant Tracking to dynamically use any trackable at runtime.
- Support for Face Tracking (from Creator 3.5 on) as BETA.
- Support for Extended Image Tracking (from Creator 3.5 on).
- Readily available extended actions for content resources to create interactive AR scenarios.
- AREL scripting per object for more complex scenarios.
- Workflow mode for creating basic AR workflows (e.g. maintenance and service workflows), starting from Creator 3.3 on.
- UI designer to create fixed to screen (menu) elements in your channel/app.
- 100 Megabyte free server space directly connected to your account for instant start.
- Alternatively it is possible to connect to your own FTP server.
- Offline preview mode to test your scenario on the PC/MAC directly.
Supported deployment options:
- Deploy as free Metaio Cloud Channel to be accessed with the free Junaio AR Browser App.
- Create your own Metaio Cloud App (iOS, Android).
- Export to your own native App (iOS/Android/Windows) based on the Metaio SDK.
- Create a desktop application (Windows/Mac OS X) that “plays” the created AR Scenario.
- Export an AREL package, if you want to manually modify and extend your AR Scenario to later create your own native App with the Metaio SDK.
More technical core features:
- Latest image tracking technology including automatic quality estimation and optimization for augmenting magazines, images, photos, posters etc..
- Latest object tracking technology using either:
- a precise point cloud created by the Metaio Toolbox or
- a 3D CAD model (.obj) for tracking of low-textured objects in difficult lighting conditions.
- Latest environment tracking technology using a point cloud created by the Metaio Toolbox with SLAM, Instant Tracking/SLAM or Extended Image Tracking.
- Full support of AREL and AREL scripting per object in Creator.
- Due to system memory limitations Metaio Creator is currently only able to support 200 trackables per Creator project. For the same reason the CVS upload feature of Creator is currently limited to 200 trackables per channel.